<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

When is a comment not a comment? When it's a post! 


Got an email from Always, he was finally wound up enough to post a comment, and was informed he had typed too much (which with sausage fingers must have given him ample time to think). So, email reproduced below, Always Right debuts:
Mate - I tried to post this comment and got told to naff off cause it's over 1000 characters. Maybe you can post it yourself?

As a taxpayer, someone that participates in the democratic process and a born and raised kiwi - I consider that I am a stakeholder in the government of the day - regardless of whether I voted for them or not.

That being the case - I relate it to a private sector example where I pay for some shares in year 1 and four years down the track the company posts a 7.4 billion surplus and still hasn't paid me a dividend. Nup.

It's good politics from Labour - their voter base as historically and will remain the lower to middle class voters. So Cullen is making damn sure they stay in that bracket with his fiscal policy and sucks in their vote back with the social policy. The main thing is that this bracket remains the predominant one and those in it don't consider for a moment what a tax break could do for them and their families. Just offer the ambulance and they'll hitch a ride!

I commend my right for giving voice to his views - I share them and I wish National would come out and simply take my vote with a well thought out tax policy - it's there for the taking. Defence is another issue that concerns me - but that's a comment for another day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com