<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 02, 2004

The crux is in the title 


Idiot at No Right Turn has taken objection to the fact that My Right spends most of his waking hours trying to do his thing for NZ's GDP, and can only commit limited resource to offering thoughts for you atypical folk who come here to read them.

Accordingly, after taking the time to devour the entire Terrorism Suppression Act 2002, he has quite rightly pulled me up on a couple of points of law in order to have a dig. All fair in love and blogging I suppose.

Accordingly - My Right is happy to concede that Margaret Mutu (although as misguided as Helen Clark's stylist) is not a terrorist according to the Terrorism Suppression Act 2002.

But My Right feels the criticism (it's the tone that hurts Idiot) is a touch disingenuous. Take this piece:
"I'm constantly appalled by the right's eagerness to fling charges of "treason" at anyone who disagrees with them, and sadly our local right-wing bloggers are no exception. In response to last week's comments by Margaret Mutu, MyRight suggested that she be prosecuted for terrorism, under the Terrorism Suppression Act 2002." [My Right has not been spoken to like that since the infamous - "I'm not angry, just disappointed" speech from Forever Right Snr in 1989]
At no point did I suggest she should be prosecuted, merely that her ludicrous outburst made a certain piece of legislation "ring a bell". My Right then cautions himself!! Admitting that relating Mutu's words to terrorism may be 'considered reaching' - but no more so than relating NZ to Palestine.

All this under the title "Since sensationalism is the order of the day".

Never let it be said that Idiot does not take himself seriously, very seriously indeed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com