<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

"The best interest of the school..." 


Alison Annan has declared that Cambridge High is better off now that it is paying her $100,000, despite the fact that she is not allowed back on School property. In what bordered on a victory speech:
"I am determined to prove at the full hearing that I should be restored to my full duties as principal of Cambridge High School.

"I believe that the best interests of the school will be served by my return. I am confident that I can work with the commissioner and a new board," she said.

The decision means Mrs Annan is employed by the school's commissioner, Dennis Finn, and is not authorised to return there unless asked to by him.

Mr Finn, who was appointed to the role last week after Education Minister Trevor Mallard dissolved the board, said: "That's not going to happen under any circumstances. As far as the school goes, it's business as usual."
Unfortunately, what this puffed up Pollyanna may be missing is that she has been reinstated for just long enough to lose her job 'properly'.

The Authority ruled that she had "an arguable case" and she will be given the oppotunity to argue said case. Unfortunately her arguable (read - laughable) case is coming up against a concrete one. More to follow...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com