<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Compulsory philanthropy 


Sometimes My Right really wonders if No Right Turn is serious, and shudders to think that he is. In responding to John Key's claim of communism by stealth he says this;
In other words, National's core problem with the scheme is that it is so generous. Generous to the extent that some families are getting almost $200 a week extra in the hand from the government.
Will these people ever accept that this extra $200 a week is not from the Government, it is from you and me. I have always maitained that I don't mind paying my way and contributing to others less fortunate, but when they are sent a message that there is no point trying to work their way out of dependancy, that is just plain annoying.

That is one thing that drives me wild about these self righteous seekers of a 'level playing field' (read - across the board mediocrity), they hate success, despise endeavour and are generally just wet types who can't quite cut it.

As DPF pointed out in his 'blog count' post, "No Right Turn obviously needs to get a job, a haircut and a new suit", but I'm sure they would allow those working for the Council of Trade Unions to have long hair and cardigans.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com