<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 28, 2004

Budget smudget 


Good news for families, no problem with that. The Ockers are actually paying their lot breed. But it was true to form Labour; we will take more than we actually neeed of your income and drip feed it back to some you (voters) as we see fit. The childless academic brigade know best after all.

I think Katherine Rich summed it up nicely when see said that this budget turned many hard working low to middle income earners into beneficiaries. Would the average person prefer to be taxed a little less and get on with it themselves - or be robbed by Labour and have Doc Sullen feel sorry you and throw you a wee bone to tide you over?? That can hardly be good for the soul.

No need to comment on the election bribe aspect, if people can't pick that up without having to be told, that might explain how we got landed with this lot in the first place.

As for My Right, I got exactly what I expected - nowt. I will continue to pay my share, my student loan and I will do so happily. Do I think we are all over taxed - hell yes, but at times you just have to be thankful for your lot in life and get on with it. But one favour, please stop putting me in that ghastly group that the lefty types call, "the rich" - because that, I am not.

Rodney has a nice summary of the broken promises aspect here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com