<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I'll give you the first paragraph, you'll have to click on the link for the rest... 


Chris Knox starts a Listener piece on NZ Idol in blistering form! And then goes soft.... artist types - go figure.
Coming from a rabid punk rock background, I have no choice but to loathe, deride and spit upon the flagrantly MOR spectacle that is NZ Idol. It is the very epitome of everything I fought against with such high-minded ferocity in the Punk Wars of the late 70s and which I have continued to rail against ever since. Everything I do as a musician is predicated upon hastening the demise of all that is bland and by-the-numbers in this so-called business of music. Vast multinational conglomerate record labels make me puke; slick ProTools production makes me wanna wrench out the hearts of those who perpetrate it; Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, Celine Dion and all the Britney clones must die. This is the credo by which I am genetically and irreversibly bound to live.
If you can stand the apologist ending - it is here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com